April 18, 2019
We’re on the hunt for a full-time Senior Designer with serious cross-media chops—from wine labels to websites, brand identities to billboards.
You’re someone with an opinion and a keen eye for detail, who thrives on collaboration but won’t hesitate to grab the reins and work independently. You’ve long since mastered the tools of the trade, you’re up on current trends, and you’re as passionate about the quality of what you produce as we are.
Why Doubleknot? We’re a tight-knit and open-minded group of folks who take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We’ve been around for over 25 years because we trust each other and believe in the impact our work can have. We produce award-winning creative, but more importantly, we create solutions that connect with audiences and move needles for our clients. Those clients span a wide range of industries, including corporate heavyweights and smaller local businesses just like us.
You’ll never get pigeonholed into a single account, industry or medium—and you’ll have the opportunity to really own projects and see them through to completion.
This is a place where work/life balance actually means something. We work really hard but put in hours that still get us home for dinner. We laugh a lot, crank music in the studio and knock off early on Fridays for drinks. The kitchen is stocked with snacks and the espresso machine is always at the ready to pull a shot or four. You’ll be supported by a leadership team that truly wants the best for you as a person and surrounded by a team of strategists, designers, writers and account executives that will push you to do your best work and always have your back.
We learned a long time ago that doing good work with good people doesn’t have to be a pipe dream, and we’ve built our culture around both.
Sound like a good fit? Drop us a line. We’d love to meet you. Please send your résumé, salary requirements and a link to your portfolio, along with a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself and what lights you up as a designer.
Email us at email@example.com.
As a senior designer here, you’re an essential part of our team. Your voice matters, and your opinions shape the work we do in a truly meaningful way. You’ll get to:
- Build brands from the ground up and send them out to play in the real world
- Bring those brands to life through engaging concepts and stellar visuals
- Broaden your experience across industries with clients in food and beverage, consumer products, technology, healthcare, professional services and more
- Flex your abilities across a wide-range of media including packaging, advertising, web, digital marketing, brochures and collateral, and video
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including senior creatives, writers, strategists, account managers, and of course our clients!
- Run your own show on select projects and help lead the creative effort
- Be a part of the growing culture of Doubleknot—a casual, fun environment full of good-hearted folks
- Come work at one of Puget Sound Business Journal’s 100 Best Places to Work
Abilities and experience:
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 7+ years agency experience or equivalent
- A strong portfolio showing a range of work across diverse media (web and digital, branding and identity, print collateral and packaging. You get the idea.)
- Exceptional design, concepting, communication and people skills
- Ability to understand and think both critically and strategically around our clients’ businesses, industries, customers and challenges
- Taking an active creative leadership role on certain projects, owning the execution from start to finish with less direct involvement/oversight from senior team members
- Preparing for and conducting creative presentations for internal teams and/or clients
- Complete working knowledge of the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite
- Designing responsive websites and emails
- A solid understanding (you don’t need to write code) of digital technologies, platforms and their uses (HTML, jQuery, CMS, etc.)*
- Understanding of pre-press and printing processes
- An attention to every detail in all aspects of work—from comping, to paragraph rags, to your own emails
- Strong time management and organizational skills
*Please note: This is a visual designer position. While knowledge of relevant technologies is required, this is not a programmer or developer position.